|Line||Opening date||number of platforms|
|Beckton||28th March 1994||2|
Beckton station is the terminus of the line from Poplar through the royal docks. The area served is mainly residential, with some new retail developments. The station has an island platform, with access at street level from one end.
Beckton was named after Simon Adams Beck, the governor of the Gas Light and Coke Company, which built Europe's largest gas works to the east. The gas works are disused and mostly derelict, and the DLR's Beckton depot was built on part of the site.
The area has undergone many changes associated with the demise of the gas works and the docks. For a full description of the area's regeneration, follow this link.
Search for more pictures taken at Beckton
Services from this stop:
Back to top
Page generated in ≈ 0.1184 seconds