|Line||Location||Opening date||number of platforms|
|Green/Yellow||surface||16th September 1985||2|
Pelaw station opened in 1985, replacing Heworth as the terminus of short workings from the north through Newcastle city centre (originally referred to as the Red Line). The station has been rebuilt, and the current station building was completed in 2006.
Pelaw is alongside the main line railway between Newcastle and Middlesbrough. To the east of the station are carriage sidings and a turnback facility, and past that is the junction of the South Shields and Sunderland lines.
The Metro station is the fourth station to serve Pelaw. The first station was opened on5th September 1839, and was replaced by a station further west in 1857. A third station opened, on the site of the first, on 18th November 1896, and this closed on 5th November 1979 in preparation for Metro services.
06/07/2006 • 003018
Search for more pictures taken at Pelaw
Services from this stop:
Back to top
Page generated in ≈ 0.1215 seconds