|Line||Location||Metro station opening date||Railway station originally opened||Railway station closed||number of platforms|
|Green||surface||31st March 2002||5th September 1839||30th March 2002||2|
Brockley Whins opened as a mainline station in 1839, and was renamed Boldon Colliery on 1st March 1925. Its name was changed back to Brockley Whins on 30th September 1991 and converted to Metro operation in 2002. National Rail services pass through without stopping— the station is now only served by the Metro.
The station serves a residential area, and is located in the middle of a triangle formed by the Newcastle–South Hylton/Middlesbrough line, the Tyne Dock freight-only line and a north–south curve between these two which is no longer in use.
Search for more pictures taken at Brockley Whins
Services from this stop:
Back to top
Page generated in ≈ 0.1343 seconds