|Line||Location||Opening date||number of platforms|
|Yellow||surface||11th December 2005||2|
Northumberland Park station opened in 2005. The station, which is on the northern half of the Tyne Coast loop, features an island platform and a substantial structure incorporating the staircase and lift shaft. The station was built on the site of Backworth station, which opened on 27th 1864 and closed on 13th June 1977.
Network Rail's Blyth and Tyne freight line shares the alignment with the Metro at this point, with a single track running through the station.
Search for more pictures taken at Northumberland Park
Services from this stop:
Back to top
Page generated in ≈ 0.0174 seconds